15.4 vs 17 TEXT SIZE

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Black.Infinity, Apr 28, 2010.

1. Black.Infinity macrumors 6502

Black.Infinity

i am considering to buy 17 i7 or 15 i7
    screen wise there is not much diff just 1.6 and pay 200 extra i would say to myself that i just save this money and just buy external display
    but when i went to store however there is not much diff but when you work on 17 it feels nicer
    the potability is not a big deal for me
    but a big question came to my mind when i look at these two screen both on hi-res i do not find much diff on text size ( text size are the same???) but that's what i am thinking i wanna know if other people think the same????
    and other thing i notice from 17 inches that we can bring the resolution lower one level and still it looks good but not on 15

ill be happy to hear what you guys think
    thankss

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

The high-res 15" (1680 x 1050) and the 17" (1920 x 1200) have roughly the same pixel density, thus the text looks the same in size.

The low-res 15" (1440 x 900) has less density with its pixels, thus text appears bigger.

Using a flat panel screen with a lower resolution than its native one will only result in blurry images and text. It will not better the viewing experience, as more than one physical pixels is used to display one of the lower resolution (1920 x 1200 pixel to display 1440 x 900 pixel for example).

MRoogle will give you plenty of threads about this.