15" Anti-glare umbps in refurb store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rhinosrcool, Oct 27, 2009.

1. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Right now, the Apple refurb store has the latest 15" unibody mbps with anti-glare:

$1739 2.66ghz 320gb
    $1989 2.80 ghz 500gb
    $2199 3.06ghz 320gb
    $2249 3.06ghz 500gb

For the last two months, I have been waiting for these. Unfortunately, they took so long to show up that I am not as interested. Partly, because I have spent some of my saved money; plus, the rumored quad core mbps. By the time the new mbps appear, sometime in the 1st qtr 2010?, I will have the money?

Also, the new 27" imacs with IPS screens are very tempting. At this time, I am leaning toward the iMac; especially, if I can connect my Thinkpad to the iMac's screen?

2. MacKiddyWiddy macrumors 6502

tbh after the release of the new imacs i have to side with the imacs... i used to be a fan of the mbps but since the new imac specs are amazing for the prices especially compared to the mbps imac is the way to go [​IMG] it'll be a lot later in the next year when we start seeing quad core mbps

3. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I seriously doubt there will be quad core MBPs. Much more likely is an Arrandale 32nm CPU. Much cooler and less power needed. Two cores...

4. rhinosrcool thread starter macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Yeah, you guys are probably right about the Mbps. Not only will they not be quad cores, but whatever updates are made, they probably won't happen until later in qtr 2 next year.

At least I have another reason to get one of the new iMacs for a Xmas present to myself.;)

5. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I agree that the new iMac line does look amazing, and for the price I would love to get one.

I'm with you on this, I doubt quad core will work its way into the MBP line.