Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I get it...many are having troubles, but I have had nothing but good from my battery on my touchbar 15" MBP.

I just thought I'd report my experience because there is so much negativity going around. I am not a fan boy, just can't believe all the negativity about a fantastic machine.

I guess YMMV. Cheers.

Reactions: Weaselboy

jksu

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2009
I get it...many are having troubles, but I have had nothing but good from my battery on my touchbar 15" MBP.

I just thought I'd report my experience because there is so much negativity going around. I am not a fan boy, just can't believe all the negativity about a fantastic machine.

I guess YMMV. Cheers.

good to hear.

but can you be more specific? ie #hrs on battery you're getting?

Reactions: deany

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales

I guess YMMV. Cheers.

Glad you are happy!
it would help to know spec - battery life in hours and programs used, open programs Chargecycle. TM on or off.

When you say "just can't believe all the negativity"

please read this thread, if you have a few hours to spare:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/battery-life-for-13-and-15-macbook-pro.2015074/

rgschmidt

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2011
NL
I second that and think battery life is absolutely amazing. With my 2.9/460/1TB I get easlity 10-15 hours with reading and Safari-browsing.
I started doing Some work this morning at 06:30. It's now 10:00 and I still have 78% capacity left.

But I must say I'm keen on what is (not) running in the background and for example use Quitter to automagically close apps that are not being used for a while.

NoWayBehind

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2014
Rheinland Pfalz Germany
My battery life is great as well doing light tasks like PDF Expert and Safari also /w streaming. Getting 10-16 hours, depending on how much I stream (drains close to 10% per hour for me). Brightness at 35 -60% with keyboard backlighting disabled most of the time.

Don't know about heavy tasks like rather complex music production and some civ 6 because I am always in bootcamp and connected to the power adapter then anyway.

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
As others have stated, please share your settings like screen brightness , otherwise this thread will derail fast.

rgschmidt

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2011
NL
My typical consumption is between 4 and 7 Watts in coconutBattery (@50% brightness).

Trequartista

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2016
16 hours? You should join Apple to even exceed expectations of battery life. Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

NoWayBehind

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2014
Rheinland Pfalz Germany
16 hours? You should join Apple to even exceed expectations of battery life. Sorry, but that's just ridiculous.

Lol relax, I am just stating my experience after nearly 2 months. That 16h session I was basically (or nearly) only reading/working with PDF's. In that scenario consumption is mostly under 5 watts, which adds up to my mention of battery life. As I said, I didn't really test heavy usage on battery, but I know it would probably be at 5 hours or less. I am not the only one achieving really good light usage.

cardinalryan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
I don't use any kind of battery tracker. I have the i7 2.6, 256, 15" model and typically leave my brightness at 70%. Admittedly, my use is light for right now, but I am easily getting 9-10 hours of screen on time. I use Lightroom for photo editing but I'm usually not in the app for very long periods of time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.