15" dGPU and YouTube delay

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by totten76, Jun 23, 2015.

1. totten76 macrumors regular

totten76

So about a week ago I got the 15" rMBP with the dGPU, and whenever I watch YouTube videos, the little rectangular video player will be black fro 2-3 seconds but the sound still plays. It's almost like a lag, but like I said the audio still plays. After 2-3 seconds the video plays as it should. Does anyone have these issues or any suggestions on how to fix? It's not detrimental but if my $200 Toshiba doesn't have a problem.....

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Which video does this happen on? I have the same rMBP as you and I can test if it happens on mine, also which browser are you using?

3. Vermifuge macrumors 6502a

Vermifuge

What browser are you using? Do you have flash installed? Do you use an Ad Blocker?

4. totten76 thread starter macrumors regular

totten76

It happens on any YouTube video, even does it on dailymotion videos. From Clash of Clans videos, to How To Catch a Predator

I'm using Safari

And I'm using AdBlock plus.

5. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

I use Chrome and I don't have that issue on any videos. They play straight away.

Since you're using Safari I just opened it and tried to load some youtube videos and they also played instantly without any black segment at the start of the videos like you described.

Have you tried disabling AdBlock plus?

6. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

It's a thing with Safari. Both my old 2011 MacBook Air and my current 2014 MacBook Pro w/ the 750M do it regularly.