15% discount on iphone!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nrwrit3r, Jun 8, 2010.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I saw a thread about corporate discounts and such and asked my university about it.

I go to UMD and they offer a 15% discount on at&t SERVICE (not the phone) for students/alumni. If you're on a family plan, as long as the family account is under your name you get the 15% discount.

This applies to all minutes, and data plans $25 and above.

A lot of universities offer this (not as many for alumni, but a lot of them for students), so you guys should check with your universities. It's not something that's advertised a lot but could save you 15% or more on car insurance. Haha just kidding, on the phone service...the geico thing popped into my head as I was typing though :D

2. Hovey macrumors regular

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

4. Reefbone macrumors regular

I get a 25% equipment discount through my company but it didn't apply to the iPhone 3G.

5. ericwang macrumors member

How do you go about using this discount? Is there someone you have to talk to or is there a site to register, etc.?

6. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

you will never be able to use fan discounts on iphones. rate plans and accessories only.

7. jackapple macrumors member

8. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

I get 20%, but it only applies to calling plans, so my Data $30, and my Texting $20, are still that price. Pretty worthless really, up until recently I got 20% off my entire bill, which was great, but AT&T apparently thought that was being too nice. I save like $2 now, hardly worth it.