15 dollar voice plan..ROGERS CANADA?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mackid16, Jul 13, 2008.

1. mackid16 macrumors member

mackid16

in the newspaper there was an article about iphone plans.One part said the following "rogers said that plans with only voice and basic text will start at 15$ per month. " can anyone confirm this?

2. maximus06 macrumors regular

I havn't heard of that before, and I don't see it listed on their website as a normal plan.

But if true...that would be awesome.

3. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

Doubt it, since when has Rogers ever been nice? I guess you can say the $30 for 6GB is nice but it's only to shut up people who complained about it. Then they will go back to there greedy self.

4. maximus06 macrumors regular

$30 for 6GB is a joke. Don't get me wrong, its approaching fair (we pay less for 60gb home internet) but what in the world would drive me to blow 30 bucks to browse webpages on modem-like speeds (25-35 secs to load a page), not to mention the poor 3G coverage in Canada?

Personally I think its absurd. I'm wanting the iPhone for its wifi, I couldn't care less about 3G and Rogers' laughable plans. Maybe if they offered a $6 for 1GB data I would do that, just for the coolness of it.

I'm going to just get the cheapest voice plan available and as stated earlier, if they do lower their data plans to a reasonable amount, I may just go for it, but until then - no thanks.