15" entry level RAM upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wrsorg, Oct 23, 2013.

1. wrsorg macrumors newbie

What do you guys think about it? I want to have this laptop for a long time, but it would cost me an extra 180€ to get 16Gb. I don't do heavy photo/video editing, but I surf on the internet with plenty of tabs and flash applications, Pages, Excel and iTunes all together. Is it worth going from 8 to 16Gb only to make it "future proof"? RAM does that much difference to justify spending that much more, or do you think I would be better off saving that money for buying a new one 4/5 years from now?

2. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

I'm thinking of going for the 16GB on 13". Whenever members ask what they can do to speed their machines up, upgrading the RAM always seems to be the advice. As the rMBP's are not user upgradeable, I'm thinking that it is worth it. I've ruled out a processor upgrade on the grounds that I can save this for a new one and it seems that the RAM upgrade will make more of a difference than the processor one.

3. wrsorg thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I ended up paying for the upgrade. Will only know if it was worth it 3 years from now haha