15 gig of other files How do I delete them

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Serenadephoto, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Serenadephoto macrumors newbie

I have 15 gig of files in other and cannot find them to delete them. I have gone to ITunes Apps Filesharing and there is only less than 500 Meg of files all in Docs to Go.

Running CineXplayer, Atomic Web, Buzz player but all show no files ther.

At a loss to delete these ghost files and since they are taking up 15 gig it is important to get rid of them

2. Roy G Biv macrumors 6502

Roy G Biv

I remember reading a thread like this for the iPad or iPhone. I think the common solution people were using was to restore their unit. This took care of the mysterious ghost data.

3. Serenadephoto thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried the back up restore no change. I have tried iTunes App File sharing and no files appear that come close to the 15 gig. I have tried deleting all the apps that have the ability to save files and reinstalling them and still no change.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

I'd recommend one by one un-checking apps and syncing so they're deleted from the ipad to see which one is associated with that data. If you reach the point where you've removed all apps from the ipad and still have a bunch of ghost data THEN we have a quandry!

"...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Sherlock Holmes)

5. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Did you restore from the back up? Don't. Set it up as a new device (yes unfortunately that means re-entering settings for email, etc. and setting up your apps, folders, etc) but it's the only thing likely to do the trick...