15" high-res looks like this...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MrSingh, Apr 16, 2010.

1. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

2. C64 macrumors 65816

C64

3. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

haha absolutely nothing, just wanted to make my tech video kind of unnecessarily quirky :) lol

4. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

This makes me contemplate getting an antiglare, but I'm already pushing my budget going with the i7.

I haven't bought one yet mainly because I can't figure out what to get.

5. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I originally wanted an i5 matte but I couldn't wait any longer for it to arrive via the mail so I bought it yesterday when they got in stock at the stores.

i7 is overkill for what i do, but i sold my previous mbp for so much dough I just went for it. Now it's done. the +$300 from base to high end is better than the opportunity cost of me being without a functional computer for another week.

if you're getting i7, $150 extra isn't really that big of a deal for antiglare high res if you want it imo (although I'm not happy about this additional apple tax -- 1680x1050 should be free and matte). Otherwise, you'll regret it later.

6. pikar macrumors newbie

what do you think about the size of the menu-bar / menu-items, font-size of menu entries?

Too small?
    OK?
    No problem at all?

7. MrSingh thread starter macrumors regular

cool - thanks for uploading. the fan was kind of art-house i felt ;-)

on a side-note, you managed to do for me today what Regent Street Apple Store (London, UK), the 'flagship' store, couldn't manage - show me a 15" matte high-res :)

8. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

its definitely smaller than 1440x900 but i like it overall. the screen is much crisper. For surfing, I crank up the text because its too small when I have the machine on my lap and am lying down in bed. But on the desk, with my face closer to the machine instead of lying down, it's fine.

If you have horrendous eyes, 1440x900 might be for you. i wear glasses and contacts and have always had bad eyes, but i manage. also if you get 1440x900 you don't get antiglare or the extra screen real estate.

The best way to get antiglare 1440x900 is getting last gen or an early 2008. It's weak apple isnt giving people as many options with matte, but I was inclined to opt for the higher res screen anyways.

And high res makes the machine look bigger when using it, which imo is kind of cool.

9. tputs001 macrumors newbie

I thought that they did not have the 15 inch High-resolution in stores?

I heard they only carried the High - Resolution Anti Glare 15 inch Macbook Pros

10. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

You are correct, only the high end macbook pros. i think stores have the highest spec'd, i7 15" in antiglare high res and the 17" is in antiglare too if you want that.

If you want a non-high end antiglare 15", you have to order online. and it just got bumped to 5-7 days before shipping off. Even more glad I jumped the gun last night. I couldn't wait any longer, I have too much work to do to mess around with a loaner computer.

11. sth macrumors 6502a

Not smaller than on a standard 17".

12. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

I'm surprised more people haven't snatched up i7 antiglare 15" yet after a year of these threads about waiting for arrandale dragging on :p

13. CFYG macrumors newbie

Thanks for showing this! I'm seriously debating a 15 inch this time around. Side note - I know many people have said that it's a shame about the anti-glare not having that black bezel.

Does anyone know if you can get a vinyl skin for this? I feel like it's something that could very easily be made. They make skins for outside the laptop, after all. It might be tricky to apply at first, due to the shape/size, but I think that in the end, the benefits would be quite great.

14. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather