15-inch LED MBP bezel thinner?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by havocidal, Jun 8, 2007.

1. havocidal macrumors newbie

hey guys... I haven't seen the 15-inch SR MBP in person yet, but is it true that the bezel at the top has gone thinner, making the entire bezel of an equal width throughout.

I saw some pics on flickr and it appeared so to me. Also the pics that Apple officially released on their site seemed to show that for the 15-inch. The 17-inch of course remains the same

New one:

http://images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/81500_applemacbookprobig.jpg

Old one:

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/42c5cbf910a515a176a0a32c21957fb8.jpg

2. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

Dunno, but I still find it great the use a Ducati in the screenshots ;) My two favorite brands :p

3. LeviG macrumors 65816

according to everything I have seen (not seen a macbook pro sr yet either - no local store with upto date stock) it would appear that they are indeed thinner at the top, giving a more balanced image.

4. havocidal thread starter macrumors newbie

that's great... I've always felt that the macbook pro was uglier compared to the powerbook due to the uneven bezel width on the top...

5. icecone macrumors regular

6. havocidal thread starter macrumors newbie

Look at both the 15 inch models.

The bezel, which is the metal strip around the LCD. The older one is thick on the top and thinner on its sides whereas the newer one is about the same width throughout.

go check flickr.com too. The old bezels are clearly unbalanced on the top

7. wasabi612 macrumors newbie

yes there is a difference i took my friends 2.33 MBP that he bought a few months ago and the bezels are different around the edges of the screen. The bottom is much larger on my 2.4 MBP than his 2.33. The casing is also a slightly different color. My 2.4 is a little lighter and has less "yellow or gold" look to it when in the light.

8. TilJ macrumors member

I totally agree, I accidently whooped with joy at work when I saw that :p

9. powerocool macrumors 6502

powerocool

Basically, they shifted the screen up a little bit, giving it a little more balanced look.