15 inch MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2014 Screen or Graphics problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sadeck123, Dec 5, 2014.

1. sadeck123 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I have a 2 month old rMBP Mid 2014 and i am experiencing horizontal lines in the middle and bottom of the screen. For example, If i was browsing a site and then close the window you can still see parts of the website in the middle of the screen. I took the laptop in for the technicians to have a look and they a blaming it on the software,claiming that Gfxcardstatus is causing the problem. The problem still persists even with gfxcardstatus turned off. Is anyone else with the mid 2014/late 2013 having this problem? Is it the Lcd or gpu? .Please take a look at the photos and tell me what you guys think. Thank you M.

Attached Files:

2. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

Looks like a screen problem.

Is sweet FA to do with GFXCardStatus.

3. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

I recall having those horizontal lines with my old early-2011 13". Not sure what they indicate but my 13" did not a discrete GPU to be failing.

4. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

Isn't that something they could have done while doing the initial diagnosis in store?

I'd take it back to the Apple Store and kindly ask the Genius to fix it - whether that means a logic board or display replacement? If they refuse I would hold my ground, state that it is unacceptable and if they still refuse ask to speak to a more senior Genius or their manager.