15-inch RETINA BATTERY PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jigsr1, Oct 27, 2012.

1. jigsr1 macrumors newbie

My Retina MBP's battery only lasts 3-4 hours with internet access. how long does yours Last?

2. AirThis macrumors 6502a

Use HD4000 instead of the 650M. I get 6 hours with ethernet cable and about 30 minutes less with wifi.

If you have the lower end rMBP you should get even more.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

4. switon macrumors 6502a

RE: battery lifetimes...

Hi,

As GGJstudios points out in the link, battery lifetimes depends upon many factors, including precisely what websites you visit. Personally, I get anywhere from 4 hours to 7 hours on battery power for days that I consider to be my "average" workload. So I report my battery lifetimes as 5.5+-1.5 hours for my average battery lifetime plus variance. Getting just 4-5 hours of battery life does not indicate a battery problem, it just means that your workload uses battery power more quickly than someone that gets 5-6 hours. Maybe you watch more flash videos, perhaps you visit websites with more flash advertisements, maybe ...

In conclusion, just because someone else gets 7 hours of battery lifetime does not mean that you should also get 7 hours of battery lifetime ... it all depends upon precisely what you do, what apps you run, what computations you perform in those apps, whether spotlight is indexing your drives, what sites you visit in your web browser, etc.

Regards,
    Switon