Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

makris0000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Clearwater Beach
Hello,

Ever since the night shift feature was released, I noticed my display becomes "foggy" whenever it is on and lately I've noticed it gets foggy sometimes even when its not on. Could this be a software issue or hardware? Also, has anyone else had this problem with their Pro?

I do not have apple care on my rMPB

Last edited:

jerryk

macrumors 604
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hello,

Ever since the night shift feature was released, I noticed my display becomes "foggy" whenever it is on and lately I've noticed it gets foggy sometimes even when its not on. Could this be a software issue or hardware? Also, has anyone else had this problem with their Pro?

I do not have apple care on my Pr

It might just be a coincidence in timing. Search for "Staingate" and see if this is your issue. If so, you make be able to get a free display replacement.

makris0000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Clearwater Beach
It might just be a coincidence in timing. Search for "Staingate" and see if this is your issue. If so, you make be able to get a free display replacement.
Thanks for the reply. I remember seeing this but from the pictures gallery from the staingate page it is not what I'm experiencing.

It is hard to explain but with darker colors it is easier to see the foggy display. It is harder to see with lighter colors and I notice it more when night shift is on.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Thanks for the reply. I remember seeing this but from the pictures gallery from the staingate page it is not what I'm experiencing.

It is hard to explain but with darker colors it is easier to see the foggy display. It is harder to see with lighter colors and I notice it more when night shift is on.
This is probably what you’re talking about. A similar thing happened to my 12” retina MacBook and this fixed it.
https://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/washed_out_display_after_your_mac_wakes_up_no_problem

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.