15 inch Unibody MacBook Pro Graphic Glitches?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Benguitar, May 23, 2009.

1. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

So I've had my 15 inch UniBody MBP for about 3 weeks now and when I switched into the iTunes visualizer and then go into full screen my MacBook Pro screen has completely froze up and the only way to get out of it was by turning the machine off and restarting. So I called Apple about 3 times on this problem and they had me startup with "Command S" and type in some code and then run some tests. That didn't work so then I had to delete all third party visualizers leaving me only with "iTunes Visualizer and Classic iTunes Visualizer" but I am okay with that I guess.. So then after that phone call I put in a DVD to watch while I worked on my guitars, and I got about 2 minutes into the DVD and then the screen/video/audio would freeze and the mouse would become inverted and extremely sensitive (scroll left with track pad, mouse goes right, and highly sensitive). So I restarted and tried it again and I got the same result. So my guess is that something is corrupt and was corrupt on my black MacBook and when I transferred the information from the external drive the corrupt files went over to the new machine as well, OR this machine is faulty. If it is faulty I am thinking about getting a replacement, because it isn't upgraded it is just the basic 15 inch MacBook Pro and I should be able to take it to an Apple store and explain to them the problem and give them the case number and get a replacement?

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what might me causing this problem? (Note when I tested the DVD there was NOTHING running or plugged into the machine except the power cord)

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

From what I'm reading, did you migrate data from your old MacBook or did you just move/clone the HDD over?

3. Benguitar thread starter Guest

Benguitar

Migration Assistant - When I did a startup of the new machine.

4. JRob65a6 macrumors regular

JRob65a6

If you have a backup or you still can recover all of your data using the migration assistant again (I'm not sure how the migration assistant works), I would put a fresh copy of Mac OS X on it then test it. If it works, you know it's some of the data that was transfered. If not, then you have a fresh copy of OS X on it and they have no reason to say it's your software or a user mistake.

It's really a 50/50 chance.