15 inch unibody uneven keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eric052492, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Eric052492 macrumors member

I recently purchased the 15 inch unibody MBP with the i7. I noticed that some of the keys are slightly uneven (for example the "u" key is slightly higher then the "y" key next to it. Anyone else have similar issues? I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, just curious. Thanks

2. gaselectric macrumors newbie

How much higher is the u key? The MBPS aren't manufactured perfectly and there are instances where there are some flaws. In my own experience, I've had to exchange my MBP after finding a dent on the palmrest.

If you're within 14 days of purchase, exchange it if it bugs you.

3. Eric052492 thread starter macrumors member

its not a whole lot higher, just noticeable when looking at certain angles. I think it's just because I'm a perfectionist that it bugs me a little bit.. I'm sure I'll let it go. I was just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue.

4. Eric052492 thread starter macrumors member

http://yfrog.com/juphotojuj

it's very hard to capture on camera but you can sort of tell by the backlighting that the u key is slightly higher then the y. Again, probably nothing to worry about...

5. gaselectric macrumors newbie

Yea, if it ever becomes a problem, Apple should replace your key. The keys on my MBP aren't perfect (and actually show a bit of crookedness like yours) so I suppose its pretty common.

6. Eric052492 thread starter macrumors member

Yea. The more I looked at the computer, especially from side angles, I noticed maybe 4 keys or so like that. It doesn't effect typing at all so I guess I really shouldn't be worried about it. Thanks for the input!

7. sup3r1or macrumors regular

Dont worry about it, I have macbook 13 that i have bought 2 weeks ago. I have similar problem my N key seems to have different angles from left and right, so it looks like it hasnt been inserted correctly. But that is a stupid reason to bring it back to the shop as it is perfectly working. If it breaks then replace it.

BTW I also noticed that when u switch on keyboard illumination look underneath B key, its not illuminated as others. bugged me:)

8. Eric052492 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the response. Yea, it would be stupid to return it over such a miniscule issue because the rest of the computer is absolutely flawless.