15 inch vs 17 inch side-by-side (keyboard)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MCIowaRulz, Apr 21, 2010.

1. MCIowaRulz macrumors 6502

Hi,
    The only side by side picture that I can find is this
    http://www.gearlog.com/2009/02/26/Apple/IMG_0926.JPG
    Could some one point me to more pics? I would like to see the keyboard differences in them. (Small issue i know) but it makes a difference when you have a disability in the hands
    Thanks
    I wanted to get an idea as I live 1 hr away from the Apple store and would be ordering online anyway for customizations.
    :)

2. PAC88 macrumors 6502

15" on left, 17" on right

someone just posted this in a different thread regarding glossy vs matte.. It shows the keyboards really well since the computers are lined up at the same spot in the back. hope it helps

3. MCIowaRulz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

I think I will get the
    15 inch i7
    1680x1050 Glossy
    8GB DDR
    500GB @7200 RPM
    with Final Cut Studio as I'm a Broadcast Major and I need it for Notes in class and for running Dragon for Mac on it for papers.

4. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

Thanks for share~

17-inch is a very nice laptop~

5. novodigo macrumors newbie

novodigo

I've tried both glossy and anti-glare screens and I need to say that is really difficult to work with the glossy one. Even with a single window open in the office the glossy becomes an almost perfect mirror.

Of course is always a matter of choice, but it's worth the extra $50.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

It's a full size keyboard. Awhile back I injured my hands and find the Unibody a lot easier to navigate with the track pad. Before with my other Mac computers I used a lot of shortcut keys, but now I use more of the trackpad to do small task. Plus if you are native to Macbook Pros esp.. 15in you know that there is a hand rest so that you hand lay flat, unlike most laptops where you hands hang over creating more stress on the wrist.

You should do fine. If you find some discomfort try propping something underneath it. But only use it sparingly so that you don't block the vents.