Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
The bumper was the better deal

I have no doubt (as any corporate would) - they ran the numbers with a "bean counter" to determine what the hit would be with a lawsuit and determined that not only was it more equitable to take their chances - but that most people would choose the free bumper which no doubt costs Apple a LOT less to provide vs the $15. So both Apple and the customer "wins." Apple pays less per disgruntled customer and the customer who chose the bumper winds up with something of "greater" value.

M

Mr.damien

LMAO. And people says that companies fear Class Action ? lol

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
USD15 is a lame amount.

I would just keep the check as memorabilia

also, is the cheque signed by Cook?

Screw the $15, I think a more suitable punishment would have been to have Cook physically sign them all.

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Apple makes it ridiculously hard to get a lousy $15 for a defective phone?

I'm just glad I returned mine and that's what it took for me to go with Android.

I had the first (full price). Received the iTunes credit when they dropped the price as their apology for huge price drop after launch and made the mistake of getting the 3G. At least that still gets used in my Bose dock.

Never again. Tomorrow should be interesting with results posting after the market closes.

Disgraceful settlement.

Apple maps, Sorry (Siri), iOS from 2007 & Google scraps they give to Apple.
Good luck with the new Yahoo in iOS 6. It should be magical.

LOL

I question your sanity.

Terrin

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
Apple makes it ridiculously hard to get a lousy $15 for a defective phone?

I'm just glad I returned mine and that's what it took for me to go with Android.

I had the first (full price). Received the iTunes credit when they dropped the price as their apology for huge price drop after launch and made the mistake of getting the 3G. At least that still gets used in my Bose dock.

Never again. Tomorrow should be interesting with results posting after the market closes.

Disgraceful settlement.

Seriously? Apple was generous in giving out the credit. Manufacturers bring out new goods all the time and prices change. People like you are whiners and feel you are entitled to more than you were promised. Early adopters generally pay more.

As far as the antennae thing goes, I agree the settlement is disgraceful. Apple shouldn't have been sued by whiners to begin with. I had a Motorola phone that actually said in the instruction book not to hold the phone a certain way or it would drop calls. My roomates Galaxy does the same thing.

Apple's design was an improvement because you knew exactly where not to grip it too tight. Moreover, Apple let people for 30 days return the phone, or get a free bumber.

Disgraceful indeed.

----------

Screw the $15, I think a more suitable punishment would have been to have Cook physically sign them all.

I bet Apple doesn't issue a thousand checks. My original iPhone 4 is still running strong.

----------

I had a Blackberry that had the same problem and they never gave me a dime.

Neither did Motorola, Nokia or Samsung give me anything. Motorola even mentioned the issue in the instructions.

SPUY767

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2003
GA
I think you're on the wrong forum.

More trolls of this board now that actual users. And trolls are the most active, sadly. People who joined 2 years ago to post android troll content have twice the posts that I've had in ten years.

Pompiliu

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2012
$15... That's like two meals at McDonald's.
I know, right? :rolleyes:

Fast-Food-Junkie_o_92699.jpg

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
Apple maps, Works fine for me.Sorry (Siri)Works fine for me., iOS from 2007Although untrue, as my iOS is from 2013, it works fine for me. & Google scraps they give to Apple.Don't use.
Good luck with the new Yahoo in iOS 6. It should be magical.

LOL

Have had 6 Android devices. Sold or returned them all. Made the mistake of buying a Bose dock. Bose has gotten my last dollar.

Enjoy your festering puss-bucket of an OS. Should be magical...

4TheLoveOfTech

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2013
Have had 6 Android devices. Sold or returned them all. Made the mistake of buying a Bose dock. Bose has gotten my last dollar.

Enjoy your festering puss-bucket of an OS. Should be magical...

You've had "6 Android Devices" and yet you still call it a puss-bucket of an OS.
At least I learned after 2 phones that iOS wasn't for me.

What 6 Android devices did you purchase? And why did continue purchasing them if you feel so strongly against Android and Google?

FakeWozniak

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2007
More trolls of this board now that actual users. And trolls are the most active, sadly. People who joined 2 years ago to post android troll content have twice the posts that I've had in ten years.

I have wondered if corporate Apple critics have hired otherwise unemployable people to troll MacRumors. Example, if you couldn't get a clerk job at the Department of Motor Vehicles or airport security job at the Department of Homeland Security, there was always the "work at home for $75/hr" option of trolling MacRumors.

thehustleman

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2013
Seriously? Apple was generous in giving out the credit. Manufacturers bring out new goods all the time and prices change. People like you are whiners and feel you are entitled to more than you were promised. Early adopters generally pay more.

As far as the antennae thing goes, I agree the settlement is disgraceful. Apple shouldn't have been sued by whiners to begin with. I had a Motorola phone that actually said in the instruction book not to hold the phone a certain way or it would drop calls. My roomates Galaxy does the same thing.

Apple's design was an improvement because you knew exactly where not to grip it too tight. Moreover, Apple let people for 30 days return the phone, or get a free bumber.

Disgraceful indeed.

----------

I bet Apple doesn't issue a thousand checks. My original iPhone 4 is still running strong.

----------

Neither did Motorola, Nokia or Samsung give me anything. Motorola even mentioned the issue in the instructions.

You people Kill me! You can't even admit when apple does anything wrong!

The antenna issue DESERVED compensation. At least Motorola disclosed it upfront.

St8kout

macrumors regular
May 17, 2010
I got an expensive Speck case for free instead of a measly $15 check some 3 years later. As usual, the lawyers got the real payoff from the cash settlement. Lol, you losers can buy your date a Happy Meal now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.