15" LED LCD Shortage?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AirmanPika, Jan 26, 2008.

1. AirmanPika macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

My Macbook Pro has been with apple for 2 weeks now on the "On Hold - Part on Order" status. Now the only issue with it was the LCD so I'm wondering if its some kind of shortage or if they are just slow.

2. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

You are just having overly high expectation of Apple's turnaround times. The LCD screen is basically the cost of the laptop, they won't ship something that precious out so quickly.

3. AirmanPika thread starter macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Um thats retarded. It doesn't take that long to ship an LCD. Otherwise apple would take weeks to send laptops to people. Also its something else it seems. I called apple and they supposedly recieved the LCD the day after the laptop arrived at the depo so the applecare guy isn't sure what is going on. There's no update in the logs after that. He sent in a query so I should know something in a day or two.

I guess its a good thing I'm a patient person. Even best buy usually had better turnaround time when I worked there. I'm prolly just that unfortunate exception where someone forgot to scan something and the thing sits and languishes till someone finds it.

4. AirmanPika thread starter macrumors 6502

AirmanPika

Strange twist to my saga. Turns out the depot never recieved the LCD afterall. In fact not a single apple location has a Matte 15" LED Display availible for my laptop after 2 weeks of looking. They were originally going to do a search for the screen and get back with me within 2 days if they couldn't get one but within an hour AppleCare called back and said not a single location has one till at least mid Feb. Instead they offered to speed up the repair by installing a Glossy screen instead. I was fine with this since I intend to sell the laptop soon but I was kinda suprised they gave me this option. Hopefully I should have the thing back in a couple days.

5. tip macrumors 6502

tip

Hey any news on this?

My MBP is out for a few issues, one of which is white spots on the screen. My repair status is currently "On hold - Part on order" and I'm wondering how long it finally took ya.

Thanks.

EDIT: Ahh, I see that you got a replacement instead. Lucky. :)

I just called up Apple, and confirmed that I am indeed waiting for a screen. Argh. I'm wondering if the fact I have an LCD screen (as opposed to LED) works in my favor at all .....