15" low end, or 13" high end?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JamesGorman, Apr 18, 2010.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

This isn't the typical "which one do I buy thread", it is a little different. Heres my dilemma. Last year I purchased a unibody macbook along with the best buy service plan. As stated in the plan, they have a "no lemon policy" which means that after the third repair, I get a BRAND new system, that is the equivalent to the one I have now. As I had paid 1749.99 for my macbook a year ago, and the high end 13" is now only 1549.99(Canadian dollars), am I wrong to be requesting the low end 15" system. That system is currently priced at 1849.99, I don't think they should be "technically downgrading me" although I realize that it would still be an upgrade to a new 13" MBP, but since it cost's less now, should I not be upgraded to the low end 15" since it is closer priced to what I originally paid. Either way, both machines would be an upgrade, but If i can get the machine with the dedicated graphics that would be nicer. Not to mention the i5.

Thanks for taking the time to read.

2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

IMO you should get the successor of the defective product.

3. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

So your saying It's most likely that ill be getting the 13" MBP, 2.66ghz?

4. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

There are still a pile of "brand new" last gen MBPs floating around, so be careful, and hold out as long as you can.

5. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Yea, thats what Im gonna do. I really want the new battery and graphics. Plus the option to go up to 8 gigs of ram is nice to have.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well you can request the upgrade, but you may have to pay the difference. That's assuming you are willing to pay the difference. Trust me Apple will be more than willing to take more of your money, especially since the AppleCare on the 15" also costs more…