Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chairman.Jobbie

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2011
My first impression is that there is a possibility that unrelated issues are being bundled together and creating a false impression of the MBA 15. I have had no issues with network or any issues with my MBA. I have noticed the less white tone on the MBA compared to the MBP but thats it, and it doesn't affect my usage. Anyway, thats my 2c.

Also, maybe people who are undecided between the MBA & MBP are 'looking' to validate a decision either way... keep the issues real. There are many MBA15 users who are very happy with their choice.

Last edited:

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I just saw your post on the other thread about this.

Strangely, it looks like the networking has stopped working twice today - I've gone to do something and although the wireless connection is still up, web pages and mail clients totally time out.

Its happened just there so I grabbed my MBP which is fine, but on the Air I get the "Safari can't open the page" error.

Edit: Just using both machines back to back there, I really prefer the feel of the keyboard and the extra palm rest on the 15" Air. It also feels much more natural on my lap for typing.
Yeah agree, but having similar issues. Hence my slight preference to the 14 because I am not patient :) lol
The air just takes longer to load .

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
My first impression is that there is the possibility that unrelated issues are being bundled together and creating a false impression of the MBA 15. I have had no issues with network or any issues with my MBA. I have noticed the less white tone on the MBA compared to the MBP but thats it, and it doesn't affect my usage. Anyway, thats my 2c.

Also, maybe people who are undecided between the MBA & MBP are 'looking' to validate a decision either way... keep the issues real. There are many MBA15 users who are very happy with their choice.
I genuinely think this is an amazing laptop but I was getting some strange issues with it yesterday - on a fresh build.

I got a Ventura 13.5 notification this morning and everything has been fine since that's been installed. Use of physical memory and swap seems to be down too which is good.

GaryPDX

macrumors member
Mar 8, 2008
Portland, OR USA
Thes is the first non-MBP I've purchased, trading in an 2020 M1 13". The 15" screen is the main draw, but this is a great-feeling machine so far. In fact, it's really sweet.

I will say that the fancy new 70 watt gallium arsenide power supply gets way, way hotter than the 67 watt M1 power supply. It gets as hot as any I remember and I am going to need to be careful where I place it. I may call Apple Support about it.

Reactions: Cape Dave

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
meanwhile I am about to be on my yes, 3rd 15! starting to wonder at this point a little? I have a genius bar appt. tonight on the trackpad non-responsiveness issues with iphoto.. hope they can have some good news! :)

• Wow
Reactions: CloudsNeverDie
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.