15" macbook pro antiglare models 9cb7 vs 9cbb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jjahshik32, Jan 10, 2012.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I'm just curious what the concensus is. I've searched online and it seems that the 9cb7 is the samsung anti glare model and the 9cbb is the LG phillips anti glare model.

Which model is superior? I think the 9cb7 on my display is gorgeous but I just noticed a small stuck pixel (pink) at the top center of the screen. I'm going to go get it exchanged but its so hard for me to do it as this screen "pops" and its so colorful/vivid.

Also, the speakers are perfect with no rattle/shake when the volume is at 100% on any audio/video that I've tested on so far. Before I've owned a previous 15" macbook pro with horrible speaker rattle before, so I'm a bit nervous for the exchange.

So can anyone chime in on which anti glare 15" screen that they received and if the black level/color is any good? Or other people with multiple exchanges can chime in on this?

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Where do yo find this information without taking the laptop apart?

3. simsaladimbamba

[​IMG]

4. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

You could also copy and paste this into the terminal

ioreg -lw0 | grep IODisplayEDID | sed "/[^<]*</s///" | xxd -p -r | strings -6

5. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Mine is:

Manuf 0610
    Model A005

HR / AG, direct BTO from Apple.

Looks fantastic, no yellow-ish tint I've seen discussed in other threads, every pixel looks perfect, good color saturation, brightness, etc.

6. o.neill.kid macrumors member

Exact same as mine, its gorgeous. I love it, no problems with colors. All the pictures I look all seem to pop, no complaints such as yellow-ish tint, all pixels perfect, and great brightness and saturation.

I do use F.Lux, and that does effect colors, after the sun goes done but when I need "accurate colors" I just disable it.

7. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Any idea on the manufacturer? I did a little research but didn't turn up anything.

8. o.neill.kid macrumors member

No idea, I haven't seen this model number before. So I was kind of curious if anybody else knew anything?

9. bdodds1985 macrumors 6502a

bdodds1985

mine as well.

no one has problems with the darker colors on a 720p video? they kind of blend and make it hard to see.

10. jjahshik32 thread starter macrumors 603

Just got my exchange and got another 9cb7 and this time no dead pixels!! :D:D:D:D

Gorgeous screen and super bright. No yellow tinting either.

11. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Haven't really run much video on mine ... I'm still getting apps setup and whatnot, but I'll check out some stuff from our media server and from something like Netflix.

:cool:

12. TransAm92 macrumors newbie

TransAm92

I have the same A005 and it is a LP154WE3-TLB2 model, which is LG