15" macbook pro battery life weight in

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by a4209797, May 1, 2010.

1. a4209797 macrumors member

what'cha all getting? please list if you are using i5 or i7. and based on real world tests, not based on the estimate.

ty all

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Did a battery calibration, and my MBP lasted about 7.5 hours with 330m GPU active and external display attached. Running transmission and torrenting linux isos to give it something to do.

3. tann macrumors 68000

I hope mine when I get it can do that, that is beastly!

4. saniko macrumors member

Holy crap! I'm getting 7-8 hours with a base i5 with an Intel SSD. That's awesome that you can pull that off with the 330m active and torrenting. That's just sick.

Are you using an i5 or i7? If it's an i7, it'll blow my hypothesis about i7 power usage out of the water.

5. a4209797 thread starter macrumors member

yea that's crazy. he must have got the opposite of a "lemon" for a battery :p

6. singhjeet29 macrumors regular

What did you do for the battery calibration? I'm getting my new MBP in a few days. And wanna know what I should do to confirm everything is in solid working order. I never did that with my first MBP (Feb 2008 revision - when they first introduced the three finger gestures, before the unibodies though) and things have been great with the laptop, but I wanna start off properly this time and make sure everything is in working order.

Can't wait should be getting my 15" MBP i7, 500GB@7200rpm, 8GB ram sometime this week =D

btw those are some awesome battery stats!