15" MacBook Pro decision and questions (GPU related)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by xxjonoxx, Oct 27, 2011.

1. xxjonoxx macrumors regular

xxjonoxx

Hey guys, I just recently purchased a low end 15" MBP (6490M GPU) two weeks ago from Best Buy, which was on sale for $1709.99, after tax was $1851.xx. (which they have now lowered to $1609.99)

However, with the new versions being released this week I think I am going to return it and get the new version of the same model due to the upgraded graphics card (6750M GPU, I like to play World of Warcraft a lot and the MBP seems to be pretty good at it), however the price is full $1799.99 from the Apple Store (I don't think my local Best Buys have the new models yet.)

Do you think paying $190+tax more is worth the upgrade to the graphics card and processor if I like to play games?

Also, two more questions:

1. Can a friend use his student discount to buy the MBP for me at a Apple Store, but I pay for it?

2. Do you think the Apple Store would have the brand new models with the HD 1680x1050 screen for purchase in store yet?

Thanks!

2. mwells65 macrumors newbie

I feel like they might refund you the 100$ because the price dropped within 30 days of purchase. You should call and ask.