15" Macbook Pro died....literally

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BloodyShadow23, Oct 11, 2011.

1. BloodyShadow23 macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,
    So my Macbook was running slow and thought it could just be a processor issue with Final Cut X or something. I go and reboot it but it doesn't boot. Here's what's happening. I press the power button, hear the hard drive or the cd drive spin (like normal) but the a second later I hear this high frequency *BEEP* sound and everything shuts down. It sounds like it is coming from the left side of the computer (opposite of the power button). My display doesn't come up either, its still the black screen with no lighting at all. Thankfully I have about 95% of my stuff backed up but I am a videographer and am shooting a short film at the moment. My friend is letting me use his Macbook till mine either gets fixed or at least find the problem. So any helpful answers asap would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Andrew

2. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

likely...

Black screen of death. Do you have a Nvidia 8600 graphics card?
    Revive machine then:

Turn on, yes there will be no screen. Wrap in blanket with screen facing down so it upside down. Wait two hours or so, unwrap blanket. Yes, machine will be very hot.

Let it cool then flip it right side up. Hit power button. It'll come back on.
    Backup immediately but change all settings in energy saver to keep it on.\

Take it to Apple for Nvidia diagnostic and pray they cover the problem if from 2007 - 2008. The GPU is detaching from the motherboard, re logic board due to oveheating and bad bump material.