15" MacBook Pro early 2015 2.8 vs 2.5

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WindowsTraitor, Dec 18, 2015.

  1. WindowsTraitor macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    #1
    BB has a deal on the 2.8 and it comes to be only 50$ more than the the 2.5ghz.

    I was going to get a 13" and wait until next year, but I may pull the trigger on this one.

    Is the upgrade worth it to pull the trigger and skip the 2016 all together?
     
  2. cycledance Suspended

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2010
    #2
    if u can ask wether or not then u better wait. they haven't updated in a while and it's not even the form factor u wanted.
    if u still buy then get the faster one of course.
     
  3. akdj macrumors 65816

    akdj

    Joined:
    Mar 10, 2008
    Location:
    Alaska
    #3
    I bought the BB deal yesterday, the 2.8/16/1TB for $2899. They also matched the nearly $100 Apple Care savings from B&H --- with a couple of certificates I had, as well as a 2006 'working' MacBook (they gave me $200 for it), I walked out paying less than the base 2.5/16/512.
    No need to wait for Skylake when the deals get that good. A TB of screamin' solid state storage just Rocks! (I've owned the 2012 rMBP 15" 2.7/16/768 since it's release, best computer I've EVER owned. I'm 44, started with the Apple IIe.)

    Very happy with the deal.

    Good Luck with your choice. It's not an imminent upgrade by any means, and other than a nice integrated bump in the iGPU, the Skylake 'bump' is similar to everything since Sandy Lake, Ivy, Has and Broadwell. Maybe a 5-8% bump in performance but a nice little power savings with the smaller silicon. That said, a nine hour 15" laptop fits my world Just Fine!

    Jer
     
  4. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    #4
    The deal, that is what always kills me... Plus you get about 60$ in points( with elite)

    I just picked up. I got the 512 version. I have an old white macbook that I should have tried to trade-in... Oh well.

    I need to go back to get the apple care discount too.
     
  5. cycledance Suspended

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2010
    #5
    why did u even ask.
     
  6. WindowsTraitor thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2008
    #6
    Cause I was on the way to the store. I could've still changed my mind, but akdj pushed me over the fence.


    I had always wanted the 15" but I was willing to get the 13" now and wait for the 15" 2016 model to get me by. But The machine I just got should be fine for some years.

    Plus I got this one for about 2200. I would have to spend 2700 to 2800 when the new model comes in or wait another 6 months after that to start seeing discounts for similar specs.
     

Share This Page