15" Macbook Pro really have that many issues?..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JestersWorld, Jul 28, 2010.

1. JestersWorld macrumors newbie

I've been debating back and fourth between getting either a 13" Macbook Pro and a 15" core i5 Macbook Pro, but to be honest the forums on here are starting to scare me away from the core i5 Macbook Pro, so I was wondering how common are the issues really, like the freezing screen? Does this happen as often as I've heard. Or was it just in the early models bought when they first came out? And have any fixs or solutions been found to this problem. Or what have you experiences been with them? Thanks.
    :apple:

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It only seems that way because the people on this forum typically post for help. There are many threads with this exact question, and they all say that. People only really post if they have a problem, or if they are answering questions.

3. sjinsjca macrumors 68020

sjinsjca

Nah. The machines are close to flawless. Don't let the tiny minority of complainers dissuade you from a sublime computing experience. Of course, the i7 is even more sublime... ;-)

4. JestersWorld thread starter macrumors newbie

Just want to make sure you guys actually have the machines correct, and for how long?

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

I don't have one personally, but as a general rule, the forums make it seem worse than it is with problems. Yes, there may be more problems with the 15 than 13, but it is still by no means common.

6. koruki macrumors 65816

koruki

Ordered mine on the first day and its been flawless :cool:

7. liljoedaprince macrumors member

I don't have any problems.
    but my computer freezes occasionally when on windows

8. JestersWorld thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah As a rule I don't use windows so if that's the issue I won't have one :apple:

9. johnnymg macrumors 65816

johnnymg

Both of my MBP's have been flawless. :D

MR's is dominated by people with complaints. That's the nature of these forums.

cheers
    JohnG

10. JestersWorld thread starter macrumors newbie

I see that you have last years 2.66 core 2 duo 15" how fast was that system:apple:

11. circularforward macrumors 6502

I've had my i7 mbp 15 for a little over a week now, and I've had no problems. But coming from last year's macbook, it may be hard for me to notice as it's been quite a jump in performance. =)

12. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

I have the new 15" core i5 2.4 model. I've had it for almost a month now and zero problems.

13. RHELF macrumors member

I've had my 15" I7 for just about 2 weeks now and it's been absolutely flawless. I've pushed it real hard running Logic 9 with a ton of plugins. It gets pretty hot underneath, but that is to be expected. I couldn't be happier with my MBP.

14. John Grieco macrumors newbie

I'm very happy with my i5 macbook pro! I've had it since april and its been flawless. I can also say the same about the 4 MBP's i've owned previous to this one.

15. Ralzy macrumors member

No problems with my i5 MBP except for terrible performance on SC2 which makes only low settings playable.

16. JestersWorld thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry if I seem new to this but what is Sc2?:apple:

17. dmarch macrumors regular

dmarch

Zero issues with my i7 hr ag. Best machine I've ever owned.

18. Gr80Likes2Boogi macrumors regular

19. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Same here!!

20. demonsavatar macrumors regular

Mine came problem free. Zero dead pixels, no weird manufacturing defects, no software problems, anything. Granted I've only had it for 1 week now though.

Do yourself a favor and find the support forum of ANY laptop you are thinking of buying. They will all paint the same picture because they are SUPPORT forums. People like me are the exception, who don't have a problem and just post for the hell of it :p

21. Tmacfan4321 macrumors regular

On other forums, all MBPs are regarded as very reliable laptops with very few problems.

You're going to see minor complaints about any product when you have large concentrations of owners in the same place.

22. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Has the OP taken into account any of the positive responses from people on this thread? I'm asking because now he's moved on to asking about Starcraft 2.

23. Narse77 macrumors regular

Narse77

Wow man just get one and if it has issues it will be under warranty..... If you can't do that get something else. Laptops are complicated pieces of equipment, some people are going to get bad ones but apple has fantastic support.

24. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

been using my MPB 15" 2.53ghz for the past 3 weeks now both on set and on location. problem free so far.

25. gbarlow macrumors newbie

I've had a 2.8ghz mbp for a little over a year now, I've had two issues with it in that time, a fan became quite noisy and the upgraded 500gb 7200rpm drive died. However, despite the problems the apple store had both problems solved within a couple hours of me dropping the machine off with no issues, so I really can't complain. I've never had any problems with any of their other machines. So even if you do hit bumps, apple is usually very good at taking care of you.