15" Macbook Pro Sore Eyes Late Nov 11 Model

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steved-uk, Mar 17, 2013.

1. steved-uk macrumors newbie

Ever since I have had this macbook pro it burns my eyes and makes them very sore, I have read many forums suggesting turn the brightness down. I have tried many things and have never had this with any other laptop I have owned.

I like my mac after being a windows user for many years, it seems this problem is quite common with this model. Does anyone know if it is possible to change my screen for a retina screen??

Im very upset I have to try all these different things just to be able to use the laptop. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance, regards Steven based in the UK :(

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

You would need to buy the rMBP to get the screen, as the retina screen is built to different specifications than the regular and is encased in the frame. Nothing better than a 220ppi computer to ease eye strain!

3. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Do you have your eyes a healthy distance away from the screen?

Are you staying properly hydrated?

With regards to changing, you'll need to sell your cMBP and buy a rMBP. You're far out of window for the 14 day exchange/return policy.

4. roow110 macrumors regular

This is a common condition called eye fatigue mainly caused from lack of blinking enough. It can also be caused by staring into the bright backlight on your screen. Adjusting the brightness can sometimes improve this. You could also reverse the text on the screen so its white text on black and that can be better on the eyes. Occasionally the response time is slow enough that your eye perceives it and causes irritation, similar to what happens during 3D movies, however, the Macbook Pros have a fast enough pixel refresh rate that that shouldn't be a problem... I recommend reducing the brightness especially at night, and take breaks from staring at the screen and remember to blink.

5. steved-uk thread starter macrumors newbie

I went in to an Apple store Saturday night and had a go of a 15" MacBook Pro retina display and my eyes were ok. I can't use my mac for anymore than 10 - 20 minutes without my eyes getting sore, it's like having a top up.

6. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

I'm beginning to second-guess the legitimacy of the poster and the post.

With subjective words and phrasing, you're definitely "against" cMBPs (i.e. "...seems this is quite common with this model"). Because you know, it's actually not common at all.

And a post count of two (2; both being on this thread) doesn't exactly help under the circumstances.

7. splitpea macrumors 6502a

I've found Mac laptops tend to have much brighter backlights than other laptops. Even if you're not used to havin to do so, turning down the brightness may help.