15" MBP: 2.0 vs 2.16

mcpusc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2006
2
0
Here's my situation: I'm purchasing a MBP today or tommorow (due to a discount), and I'm trying to decide between the 2.0 and the 2.16. Configuring the 2.0 to match the specs (HDD, memory) of the 2.16 makes the price difference $300.

I'm wondering if I'm going to see the difference in the video card. The lower speed processor would work fine, but I'd like to be able to run Vista on my MBP once it's released, and the more video memory the better.

Any thoughts? And damn Apple for not releasing Merom. I've gotta go over to Cupertino and corner an engineer....

Should I just wait until Merom? I've got a perfectly good laptop now, I just want to take advantage of a discount. I'd pay a couple hundred more if I wait until next week.
 

islandman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2006
356
0
mcpusc said:
Here's my situation: I'm purchasing a MBP today or tommorow (due to a discount), and I'm trying to decide between the 2.0 and the 2.16. Configuring the 2.0 to match the specs (HDD, memory) of the 2.16 makes the price difference $300.

I'm wondering if I'm going to see the difference in the video card. The lower speed processor would work fine, but I'd like to be able to run Vista on my MBP once it's released, and the more video memory the better.

Any thoughts? And damn Apple for not releasing Merom. I've gotta go over to Cupertino and corner an engineer....

Should I just wait until Merom? I've got a perfectly good laptop now, I just want to take advantage of a discount. I'd pay a couple hundred more if I wait until next week.
I think the 2.0 is fine vs the 2.16. The video card will also be fine for Vista either way (according to Microsoft's specs). However, if you don't NEED it, I'd wait for the Merom.
 

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
4,116
1
Minitrue
If the discount is that good, get it now, and while it is still sealed unload it on eBay... and put the funds back towards the waiting game :rolleyes: