15" MBP bag/case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by strausd, Nov 30, 2009.

1. strausd macrumors 68030

I am looking for a new case or bag to hold my MBP. I go back and forth from places and dont mind something being very big as long as it protects well. Also, it would be great if it had an extra place for my medium intuos 4. I looked at tech 21 but i dont know where i would order that because they arent based in america, any ideas?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

After using Incase, Booq and STM - I finally bought a Tom Bihn bag. There really isn't a whole lot of comparison, the quality is unrivaled. I will however say that for the $100 I paid for my Large Loop (STM) it was a great bag.

I highly recommend Tom Bihn's Brain Cell as the only sleeve that provides any protection.

3. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I am partial to the Timbuk2 messenger bags. I have the laptop messenger bag and am very happy with it.

4. strausd thread starter macrumors 68030

im not really looking for a backpack though, more of an over the shoulder type thing

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Tom Bihn makes plenty of shoulder bags, I cannot say anything bad about TimBuk2 either, both companies make quality stuff.

6. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

x2 for Timbuk2

@OP I commute a lot and its great. Especially when it rains. The bag doubles as extra protection. You can adjust the strap to cover your backside. lol It's padded very well. I have the messenger bag and a Blogger. The blogger is a little lighter but rommie enough for computer and my DSLR and extra lens/flash. there bags have a ton of compartments too.

http://www.timbuk2.com/tb2/products/laptop/