15"MBP before 2008

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zackola, Nov 2, 2007.

  1. zackola macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2007
    #1
    Hi,

    Our business needs to do some end of year spending. These purchases need to be made before 2008. We are looking to buy several 15" MacBook Pros. Do we pull the trigger now, or wait? What are the chances well get quad core mobile processors in there before 2008? I see the buyer's guide has been recently updated to say hold off if at all possible. We can wait till 12/31/2007, but not after. Thoughts?
     
  2. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

    Stampyhead

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2004
    Location:
    London, UK
    #2
    If Apple waits this long to make major updates it is unlikely they will do it before MWSF 2008 (mid January). However, since you have until 12/31 you could wait until the end of December to purchase them just to be sure.
     
  3. tingly macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 27, 2005
  4. sblasl macrumors 6502a

    sblasl

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2004
    Location:
    Heber Springs, AR
  5. Can macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2007
    #5
    No.

    None of the MBP models got changed. They just added a new expand option on the processor.
     
  6. sblasl macrumors 6502a

    sblasl

    Joined:
    Apr 25, 2004
    Location:
    Heber Springs, AR
    #6
    That is correct, that is the MBP "update", nothing else until 2008.

     
  7. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

    MarlboroLite

    Joined:
    Oct 29, 2007
    Location:
    the 13 colonies
    #7
    Will we see a discontinuation of the 2.2 model before the end of the year? With the 2.6 model out, would Apple make the 2.4 15 inch the intro model?

    I'm surprised they didn't do it seeing how the Macbook got bumped up to 2.2, possibly creating a cannibalizing situation with that model at least.
     
  8. djkny macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2003
    #8
    most likely, MBP 15" updates announced at MWSF, shipping in Feb. '08.
     
  9. machatch macrumors regular

    machatch

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2007
    Location:
    depends
    #9

    if you can only wait untill 12/31/2007 i think the best choice is to buy now..
    But it would not suprise me if they release new mbp at macworld 15 january-2008..so if you cant wait untill macworld ..quit stalling:):)
     
  10. GSMiller macrumors 68000

    GSMiller

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    Kentucky
    #10
    Yea I would probably just go ahead and get it now. Even if they do upgrade them you will still have one awesome portable machine.
     

Share This Page