15 mbp dedicated GPU and non-dedicated GPU battery life and heat

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrsavage1, Oct 27, 2013.

1. mrsavage1 macrumors regular

Can anyone give a comparision of the non dedicated 15 mbp and the dedicated 15 mbp's heat and battery life?

2. jgbr macrumors 6502

I tested both models for one hour in an apple store on saturday. Running multiple applications on battery and off battery. Mostly a 4K video, with apps open and tasks running.

I noticed no difference in heat between either of them.

3. mrsavage1 thread starter macrumors regular

Did they the fans get noisy after a while?

4. jgbr macrumors 6502

Not that I noticed but I was in an store and it was a 45 minute test. Day to day the machine runs cool. Like any machine it gets hot when loaded, you've just got it in a very slim case.

I can't say I've even heard the fans come on and I've been doing some 1080p editing etc and a few jobs.

I actually found what made it hot was installing applications over wifi which were large such as photoshop.

However use a TB-E adapter for internet if on power but if on battery use wi fi!

5. dusk007 macrumors 68040

dusk007

I would like to know how the 750M model does with an external screen plugged in and a HD movie (720p or 1080p) playing on one in VLC with post processing. OR some flash stuff.
    How fast do the fans go with that model versus the other? Those that bought one already could test it.