15" Mbp/edu Discount Q

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tsmith00, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Tsmith00 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I'm looking into buying 15" MBP from my edu apple website. For some reason, I am getting another $200 or so off over the edu price of $1,799 as promo savings. Anyone got this promo ever or am I just seeing things? lol Even at checkout, MBP was around $1600.

Also, can I use BOTH free printer rebate and iTouch rebate with my edu order?

Last Q is if I do buy it online, can I return it to a store or doI have to mail it back? If there are repairs in the future, can I take it to a store or do I have to always ship it and get it fixed?

Thanks guys

I am scared to get MBP after reading all the negative reviews/issues on this forum. I hope they represent a small portion of dissatisfied buyers. :(

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The promo price you're seeing is correct. Also, I believe you can use both the printer and iTouch rebates. If you buy online, you can take it to the store to have them check it out, but if it needs anything significant, you'll probably have to send it in for repair.

As far as negative comments about MBPs, they represent a small minority of MBP users. Generally speaking, people who are not having problems aren't going to take the time to post. Only those who need help. Like the majority of MBP owners, I love mine and have zero problems with it, (other than user ignorance!) :D Still waiting for a User upgrade patch!

3. Tsmith00 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks.

Quick Q; why do I see 15" listed on my edu site, but 15.4" on main apple store site? same machine? I don't see 15.4 mentioned anywhere on my edu site.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Same machine. Technically, 15.4", but frequently referred to as 15".

5. kingcrowing macrumors 6502a

kingcrowing

hmm, I'm seeing the MBP as $1800... not sure how you're seeing that much of a discount.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It's possible your school gives you additional discount in addition to that standard iPod touch deal.

7. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Yes, schools negotiate their own deals so some are better than others.

Also - on your MBP concern - remember that you're not seeing posts from all of us happy MBP owners because we have nothing to comment on ;).

8. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

Just remember that there's a large majority of people that come to forums just like this one to voice their complaints, seek advice, or look for help regarding problems that they might have, or experience. So for every 1 negative there are many many many many more positives, you just will NOT hear all the positives.

I'm in love with mine btw.

Z

9. schmidt190 macrumors member

10. Sirus2400 macrumors regular

Short answer, Yes!

Also, dont worry about the posts here too much, I just got mine a few weeks ago and its perfect!

11. nyzballa12 macrumors member

It's normal, some schools have more discounts than others.