15" MBP font weirdness macrumors hp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by elhungarian, Mar 1, 2011.

1. elhungarian macrumors regular

hello all,

Just noticed that the font for story headings for example on MR looks bad. I compared the font to same browsers on my mac mini at work also on a 1440x900 display and they look fine there. Any suggestions? The font smoothing setting under appearance didn't seem to change anything.

Screenshot: (note white text on red, in headers)

Attached Files:

2. mmduluth macrumors regular

3. -Ken- macrumors regular

4. ddoolin0 macrumors regular

I do, I think. It's kinda blown up and fuzzy looking, most likely from the titles being a bold white, and the screen. Try changing the font size up and see if it sticks.

EDIT: Actually, it really doesn't look that different in comparison to the text below it. It all kind of looks the same...

5. ^^BIGMac macrumors 6502a

^^BIGMac

6. simsaladimbamba

Your screenshot (cropped from your screenshot using Preview.app; How to take screenshots in Mac OS X):
    [​IMG]

My screenshots (taken on a 2007 iMac with Mac OS X 10.6.6 and the latest browser versions):

Opera:
    [​IMG]

Chrome:
    [​IMG]

Firefox:
    [​IMG]

Safari:
    [​IMG]

7. elhungarian thread starter macrumors regular

dang nice work. Still getting used to my mac newbness. I swear it looked quite a bit different on my mac mini at work. Will have to screenshot that and get back to you guys.

8. elhungarian thread starter macrumors regular

ok now im going crazy in the head.. Maybe its time to stop staring at an LCD for today..

old at top,
    new at bottom.. wonder if my appearance font smoothing just took effect. 30 min later? dont think i launched new chrome window...

Attached Files: