15" mbp HDMI adapter issues? help, thoughts

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lifeguard90, Jan 20, 2011.

1. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

Hello there,

for the 15" 2010 macbook pro, i plugged in my hdmi-mdp adapter and found that it is a snug push to get it in+ the image shorts out , static. When connected, it looks like crap.

my 13" 08 unibody sends a just fine good looking picture when using the same hook up. perhaps the mdp is different on the current rather than 2008 models, or the adapter is crap for the new ones, I don't know. However, i do know i cant have this looking like this. Any hdmi-mdp reccomendations... hows the moshi one from apple site?

Thanks

2. christophermdia macrumors 6502a

christophermdia

i dont have an answer for you but this happened somewhat to me last night. I have the moshi one which works flawlessly on my 08 13" but gives me trouble sometimes works sometimes doesnt on my 2010 15"...I am also wondering what may be wrong...

3. Blu101 macrumors 6502a

Blu101

Moshi works fine on my 15" mbp...

Make sure all connectors are clean, both on mbp and adapter (and tv). Use decent hdmi cables and adapters, some cheap ones will give you problems.

Also, once you plug into the tv/monitor, take a peek at the output resolution on the mbp and adjust if necessary (preferences - display).

And make sure you have graphics card auto switch turned on - the mbp needs to use the 330m for external displays (i think).