15" MBP HR AG screen: text over-saturated while scrolling? Can you test it, please?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OddHead, May 1, 2010.

1. OddHead macrumors member

Hi, I'm from Italy. My new 15" i5 MBP with AntiGlare screen has arrived two days ago (ordered on the Apple online store because of a 10% Apple on Campus discount), and it's a great machine. Wonderful display.

So farI I've discovered only one minimal defect: it has a blue stuck pixel (I tought it was dead, but in fact testing the panel with RGB, it's blue). I've read somewhere that Apple maybe doesn't exchange a whole Mac (or a screen) for a single pixel, and I quite even don't notice it.

BUT I stated that when scrolling web pages (but also text documents in OS X) with black text, while scrolling (with two-fingers inertial scrolling, which is great) the text becomes kinda bluish and it's unreadable (i know it's not usual "read" while scrolling, but I mean comprehensible). For example, any web page from "Discussions" Apple's forum.
    Same effect reading grey text, it becomes lighter/light blue-alike.

My question is, is it normal? Can you try it?
    I mean, could it be linked with the blue stuck pixel? Or it is totally normal?

I'm asking it because the other aspects of this MBP are all ok, no yellow tinge for example, and maybe changing it it's not worth.

Sorry for my english. Have a good weekend. :)

2. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Even though my English is not perfect (actually my third language), I can still understand it, and that's what matters.
    Talking about the dead pixel, you SHOULD show the effect to Apple right away. You are right about "I've read somewhere that Apple maybe doesn't exchange a whole Mac (or a screen) for a single pixel, and I quite even don't notice it. ", but when you do scrolling and if it is annoying, just show it to the Genius or Store Manager.
    It's most likely that it will work.
    BTW, Apple is nicer to people who charged extra money to buy better ones, meaning they are likely to replace.
    My friend with 17-inch Anti-Glare High Resolution has no problem.

3. wschutz macrumors 6502

You have two weeks to return your laptop to Apple, no questions asked (this is an European Union Act implemented by all EU countries).

You can call Apple, and ask them to replace your laptop, and if they don't agree... just ask that you want your money back :) and Apple will gladly agree to send you another one ;)

4. Jof macrumors regular

I have this exact issue. You can fix it by getting/setting a correct Color Profile (the default one is not good)

However... Almost every color profile I use gives a Pink/Magenta appearance. Not good. I think I must return mine :(

5. Jof macrumors regular

Ok, I take this back. It's still have clear if you drag windows around. This is really annoying me, so mine's going back I think. Shame :/

6. NicktheNorse macrumors member

This just isn't true.

7. Jof macrumors regular

Sorry, I'm just being an idiot evidently; purples are slightly over-saturated on pan/scroll with my old (perfectly calibrated) MPB too as well as my thinkpad. It's just that it's worse on the new one because EVERYTHING is over-saturated for me.