15" MBP on Amazon - includes iLife 06?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macdracer, Feb 24, 2008.

1. macdracer macrumors newbie

macdracer

I'm not waiting in line for any updates, instead I'm looking to buy a 15" 2.4 MBP on Amazon. It works out to be about $80 less than buying a refurb model from apple and $200 or so less than the EPP program at my office.

The only difference I can tell is that the description reads iLife 06 in the included software. What are the chances at this point it might include iLife 08 given it has been out for a while? The model number and all other specs match what is currently on the apple store, the only difference seems to be iLife 06 not 08 (another $80 retail)

A call to an Amazon buying advisor said they would have to check with the supplier and call me back. The tech was having a bad english day too, so that might not have been exactly what he said... BTW, still waiting for that call back since Friday.

Thanks in advance for any insight, this is my first post on this forum so go easy... :)

2. iehmand macrumors newbie

Hello,

I've recently bought my MacBook Pro from Amazon - although from Amazon in Germany. According to them, my MacBook Pro should have come with Mac OS X Tiger and some old iLife version.

As I was pretty sure that they just forgot to update their article, I bought it anyway - and, surprise surprise, it came with Leopard and iLife 08.

As I said, that was Amazon Germany - but I guess it will be the same for 'your' Amazon.

3. macdracer thread starter macrumors newbie

macdracer

Thanks for the info. If a new macbook pro is not released tomorrow then I will go ahead and order the current model from Amazon. I'm hoping for a new one, but either way my first apple will be a nice one.