15" MBP Order Delayed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by toyotaoffroadca, Mar 10, 2009.

1. toyotaoffroadca macrumors newbie

Has anyone out there who ordered a 15" MBP in the last 7-10 days had their order delayed by a week? I ordered mine through a local store which isn't a Apple Store, but they only sell Apple. I ordered over a week ago and got a call today saying that the order was cancelled by Apple. I stopped in and they then told me that the order was delayed by Apple for up to another week, with no explanation given by Apple.
    Calling BS on what they were telling me, I got my deposit back since it was a special order and have been scowering the forums trying to see if something is up with the 15" MBP since the Apple Store site still states 2-4 day delivery...

2. eddietr macrumors 6502a

What was the configuration you ordered?

I ordered one with the 2.93 proc last week and it shipped in 3 business days. Nothing unusual.

3. toyotaoffroadca thread starter macrumors newbie

2.66GHZ, all I added was the 320GB 7200RPM drive. Such a letdown, I guess I'm gonna have to order it online.

4. eddietr macrumors 6502a

Yes, I should have mentioned I ordered mine direct from Apple online.

5. toyotaoffroadca thread starter macrumors newbie

A little off the main topic, has anyone seen the Incase Hardcovers for the 15" unibody MBP in store? Trying to find one in the soft-touch black. Not sure why the Apple Store online doesn't have anything listed in black even if it isn't in stock.

6. toyotaoffroadca thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmmm I think I may have figured out why my order was delayed...correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the base processor option for the 15" MBP w/512MB GFX, 2.53GHz a week ago?

7. PeterQC macrumors 6502a

PeterQC

Yes and it been updated to 2.66 and 2.93 option at the same time the new iMacs, MacPro and mini came out.

8. toyotaoffroadca thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats pretty funny that the store here which is an "Apple Authorized Reseller" didn't have that information to give me when I stopped in and canceled my order with them...I would have been a little more understanding and just waited...

9. Brugal macrumors newbie

MBP 15' EDU Delayed More Than One Month!!!!

Order Date: Feb 18, 2009 at 08:50 AM PDT
    Not yet shipped Ships: Mar 27
    Delivers: Apr 1

Product / Part No. Qty

MBP 15.4/2.4/2X1GB/250/SD/256VRAM-USA MB470LL/A 1
    APP FOR MACBOOK PRO - EDU/AE--USA S3131LL/A 1

This is ridiculous!!! More than one month to get this machine.

10. aristobrat macrumors G4

That sucks! I ordered the exact same system (on Apple's online store) last Saturday (the 7th) and got an email stating it shipped today and should be here by Monday.

Do you have to order through your local guy?!

11. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

That's not really a month, that's 2.5 weeks (March 27th is my bday, and hopefully when I get my MBP baby, so I'm counting down the days haha). If they ship the 27th, you might have it by the 30th or 31st, because stuff moves over the weekends, it just isn't delivered. I wonder what's the holdup, unless you've been selected to be audited and they're allowing the 2 weeks to do so. Maybe a call to Apple might either help you, or at least get an answer.

12. Brugal macrumors newbie

I called and they said that EDU has its own process and orders are shipped based on availability and qty of orders. THIS BLOWS!!!!

13. aristobrat macrumors G4

You ordered the stock $1,999 model, right? If so, why not just cancel the order and go buy it at Miami Apple retail store? They honor the student discount in the store.

14. Brugal macrumors newbie

Yes as an educational institution goes we need to go through a local guy.

15. Brugal macrumors newbie

No I'm a staff member and the discounts are much much higher. No matter what I have to s__k it and wait. But this blows and I just wanted to see if someone else had the same issue.