15" MBP Value

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RasterScan, Nov 21, 2009.

1. RasterScan macrumors member

RasterScan

I was wondering if you Mac pro's could appraise my early 2008 MBP.
    It's a C2D 2.4 Ghz system . It has been upgraded with 3GB of RAM and a 500GB HD. It has a few light scratched on the bottom and the palm rest shows some wear. The system 15 months old and the battery has 74 cycles on it. The battery still hold a 4 hour charge.

Thanks!!

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

3. RasterScan thread starter macrumors member

RasterScan

I was just there. It said $1000. Maybe I'll toss it on ebay and see what happens. I want to get a 13" MBP. I need a longer battery life.

4. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

That's your best bet and ebay customers aren't as likely to know about the nvidia 8600 problems.

Cheers,

5. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

7 hours on the 13" MBP is more like 4.5-6 hours. If your sig is correct and you have a Unibody MacBook, just buy a second battery.

6. RasterScan thread starter macrumors member

RasterScan

Lol, true. Apple still is covering that, aren't they?

7. RasterScan thread starter macrumors member

RasterScan

That Unibody went to the girlfriend. I may just get a second battery for this. Maybe a FastMac battery??

8. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

For 3 years after the date of purchase.

Cheers,

9. RasterScan thread starter macrumors member

RasterScan

Ahhh, ok.

10. bmstrong macrumors 6502

11. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

There's something highly amusing about pointing out a grammatical error, and making two of your own in doing so.

Plurals are not built with apostrophes.

12. harperjones99 macrumors 6502

So you are advocating selling a laptop model with known problems and not owning up to it? This is why I won't buy from eBay and the like...too much dishonesty. Hoping you will get someone who isn't aware so you can get more money is pretty low.

13. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Just hold on there. No one advocated cheating anyone. Not every 8600 will absolutely fail. The fact that I don't believe I can trust it doesn't mean someone else might not wish to get a deal on a used Mac. If the problem were so widespread that every MBP was affected even the average non-Mac user would know about it. Sounds like you're saying anyone selling a MBP containing the 8600 GPU must disclose a potential problem? Very few people would do so and as a buyer you certainly can't rely on seller disclosure to protect you. There are 8x00 GPUs in Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony etc... and people still buy the used gear because the vast majority of the systems don't have a problem.

Buying on ebay is fine so long as you do your research and check references. There are plenty of bad people or scam artists out there, doesn't mean you need to fall for one. When someone buys a used car they check to see if that make and model had any potential issues during the model year they are looking to purchase. Doesn't mean every one of those models produced that year is bad, just a greater likelihood in having a problem. Unless the specific vehicle in question has actually experienced the problem do you actually think the seller is going to list the outside chance his car may be affected?

So just calm down and remember caveat emptor.

Cheers,