15" MBP Yellow Tinting, Output Display Only?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spy707, Dec 1, 2007.

1. spy707 macrumors newbie

So I just picked up an optoma ep708 projector from tigerdirect for $360 during last weeks pinkfriday sale. I must say I've been extremely pleased with the quality, and for the price I have no room to complain. I originally had the intention of running it directly off of my MBP, playing movies and surfing the internet, however the entire output seems to give out a very yellowish tint. I've never noticed this tint through the actual MBP display itself, however it's very noticible on the projector. Questioning the quality of the projector, I plugged it into my two year old $30 dvd player and it displayed brilliant whites. I tried "calibrating" the output display through the MBP, however it didn't really do anything. Certain that the problem rests with the MBP, does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

P.S: I'm running the MBP to the projector via VGA through apples supplied DVI-VGA adapater. The DVD is running to the projector through a simple RCA video card. I've ordered a DVI-DVI cable with the idea that it should supply a better quality image, however doubtful that'll fix the yellow tint. Thanks for your time :)

2. EvilSloth macrumors newbie

I have a very similar problem involving a 20inch 2.4ghz iMac.
    It worked fine up until two days ago when the out put signal going through a mini DVI to VGA converter gives a lower contrast image with a slightly yellow tint.
    I have narrowed it down to it's not a problem with the Monitor, Cable, Gfx Card or Adapter I have tried every display profile and made custom ones, I have the latest graphics drivers installed.

The colour going from my imac to a tv via mini dvi to composite/svideo is fine but is has a low contrast aswell.

It may or may not have something to do with me installed Xcode on my Mac. But I uninstalled it just to make sure and no luck.

I googled the hell out of this problem with no luck.

The contrast reduction makes it difficult for the projecter I use to display the image. I would be very greatful if anyone could think of a way to get the contrast back into the outgoing signal from the mini dvi port to the vga.