15" MBPr randomly has a black title bar?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Imola Ghost, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I don't know whats going on but several times a week my title bar at the very top of the screen is black and it won't go away until I restart the laptop.

I've been trying to attach a photo to this post but it keeps failing.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Make sure the screenshot is not too big and the extension is supported by MR upload, see screenshot.

Attached Files:

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I might have an idea why and I will show you a screenshot of my desktop when the App is activated, the App is called Nocturne, you might have running that Application, type Nocturne in Spotlight and see if you get a result.

Attached Files:

5. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

Ok, now, I know the Finder has a mask behind the MenuBar, it is black, it might somehow only show the transparent Mask instead of the MenuBar itself.

Solution, hard to say, if I were you I would manually download 10.8.3 Combo from Apple's Downloads section and reapply the update, this many times resolves issues, not guaranteed though.

7. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

Ive had the same issue on my 13"rMBP. I turned off the screen saver since i never really let it come on anyhow. I usually just close the computer when I'm finished using it. Ive only noticed it when it did happen was right after opening in.