15" MBPr Screen Replacement. Which one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Robster3, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Apple are replacing my 15" MBPr screen tomorrow under warranty because of bad hinges. It's a samsung now. Are replacements a lottery like new ones, Samsung or Lg? Any one had a replacement?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I believe they still use both manufacturers, but I think the ghosting issues of the LG displays has largely been resolved.

3. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

I had my second display replacement last week its an lg sja-2 part no 661-7171 this is for my early 2013 my previous replacement was the same part no. And a samsung one. I never had ghosting or tinting issues just some spots/dead pixels on the samsung. Fortunately when i went to pick up last week they forgot to remove the screen plastic which had barcodes and even date of production but no indication of which make. The panel was manufactured on jan 2014. Ive not sone the ir tests but during my normal usage i see no ghosting.

4. Robster3, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014

Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

I hope so cause that is what i got. All looks great. Was tossing up about apple care but will probably get it now:mad:

----------

Mine is a LP154WT1-SJA2. Not going to test it will hope and pray :)

So nice to not have a stiff creaky lid.

5. Robster3 thread starter macrumors 68000

How does warranty work for a screen replacement, does it come under the machines existing warranty left? Or do you get another 12 months on the screen replaced?