15" MBP's display won't sleep!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HoT dEv1L 666, Apr 21, 2010.

1. HoT dEv1L 666 macrumors newbie

HoT dEv1L 666

No matter how long I leave my display on, my MBP won't sleep it's display! Even if my energy saver preferences are set to sleep after one minute. Any idea? I restored from a time machine backup since I migrated from a 2008 white MacBook.

Mine is an i7 MBP, this year's model.

2. teknikal.design macrumors newbie

my display won't sleep as well

I have the exact same problem as you. I also have the MBP 15" i7 and no matter what I change my sys pref to, display will stay on. I am using it in clamshell mode+hooked up to a 24" apple cinema display. I've read other forums that said to reset disk permissions in disk utility. That fixes the problem for a day, and then it goes back to not sleeping.

I have a feeling it's a process or app running in the bg that won't let it sleep. Any ideas?

3. feelleal macrumors newbie

Same problem here too, did exactly what you did, setting the sys pref to 1 min and still will not sleep.

4. troy14 macrumors 6502a

This has been posted before, I think the issue is that there's a bug with the ethernet/software that changes from unplugged to nothing, which prevents the machine from sleeping....

To view this, go to the apple -> sys prefs -> network, look at the state of 'Ethernet'... it might take a minute or two but watch it close, it will change..