15" - Non Retina - wait or now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by minuteman, Feb 18, 2013.

  1. minuteman macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    #1
    So, I'm most interested in the MBP 15 non-retina...

    but the latest price updates and new processors on... everything else, makes me think that Apple will just run out the supply of the non retinas until they're gone.

    Does this sound like an accurate assessment?

    If that is the case, what is the most likely scenario in regards to pricing and processor updates? Will they ever see a price reduction?

    Just want to know whether to buy now or wait, kind of confused as to why pricing/configuration was untouched in mid-feb when the prices of the retinas were dropped.
     
  2. snaky69 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    #2
    No price drops from Apple, but they'll pass a few as refurbished and stick the rest at other resellers who may or may not drop prices.
     
  3. minuteman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    #3
    Not sure how to interpret "No price drops from Apple"

    they just dropped the 13" rMBP price
     
  4. walkie macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2010
    #4
    I think he's talking about non-retina MacBook Pros. Apple sooner or later will stop shipping non-retina MacBook Pros.
     
  5. robvas macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2009
    Location:
    USA
    #5
    Who knows what they are going to do with the Pro - will they cut it out of the lineup and just make Retina/Air the choices?
     
  6. snaky69 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2008
    #6
    Unless there is a configuration change, Apple will not drop prices on the models you are asking about. That's what I mean.
     
  7. minuteman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 13, 2013
    #7
    thx for the extra clarification snaky
     
  8. Spink10 macrumors 601

    Spink10

    Joined:
    Nov 3, 2011
    Location:
    Oklahoma
    #8
    I would wait - if the next model doesn't offer cMBP you can still purchase them from an authorized reseller. Which looks more likely all the time.
     

Share This Page