Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
That is how Apple Cook expects you to cool down your damn hot iPhone 15 pro series thing when you are playing the PS5 pricing $49.9 AAA games apps:

razer-chroma-cooler-gaming.jpg

Lol XD

NEPOBABY

Suspended
Jan 10, 2023
Well it is like 50%

If it was more than 2% of customers the internet would be overheating right now.

In the real world, the most intensive users of the iPhone 15P/PM are those capturing Apple Log videos.

They are pushing the CPU and SSD harder than anyone.

They are uploading Apple Log footage to YouTube and raving about it.

And not even one of them has complained about heat.

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
If it was more than 2% of customers the internet would be overheating right now.

In the real world, the most intensive users of the iPhone 15P/PM are those capturing Apple Log videos.

They are pushing the CPU and SSD harder than anyone.

The are uploading Apple Log footage to YouTube and raving about it.

And not even one of them has complained about heat.

I visit tech forums of different counties, a lot of real users talk about it and it is definitely not 0.02%.

NEPOBABY

Suspended
Jan 10, 2023
I visit tech forums of different counties, a lot of real users talk about it and it is definitely not 0.02%.

I said 2%.

Only real users and power users count when talking about 'heat', 'CPU' and 'performance'.

And those people are not anonymous trolls on forums. They are verified people with identifiable faces uploading on YouTube.

Just search 'Apple Log' on YouTube and you will see these power users. No complaints about heat.

Last edited by a moderator:

StudioMacs

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2022
Apple sells about 15 million iPhones in a launch weekend, so 0.02% would be 3,000 of the people who got their iPhones between Friday and Sunday last week.

Reactions: TechnoMonk

Love-hate 🍏 relationship

macrumors 68040
Sep 19, 2021
The 15 pro heat issues are overblown

And I say that as someone who returned his 15 pro

It does get very hot sporadically, though with a case you won't feel it much , as apple uses the backplate to dissipate heat (whilst most other phones I've used dissipate through frontscreen/display)

Battery is pure ass though

drugdoubles

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 3, 2023
The 15 pro heat issues are overblown

And I say that as someone who returned his 15 pro

It does get very hot sporadically, though with a case you won't feel it much , as apple uses the backplate to dissipate heat (whilst most other phones I've used dissipate through frontscreen/display)

Battery is pure ass though

Well you used a case then of course you couldn’t fell the heat

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
Well it is like 50%
Source?
50% would at least be over 10 million phones at this point, I feel like 10 million brand new overheating phones would be a much bigger (and much more damaging) issue.
The iPhone 4 antenna problems appeared to be a widespread issue, but the truth is that only 0.55% or so of iPhone 4 customers called Apple about it, and the return rates were only around 1.7% during the peak of the antennagate news cycle in summer 2010.
Likewise in 2014, bending iPhone 6’s was a massive widespread Internet talking point, but according to Apple in the entire first week of the phones being on the market, they only received nine complaints.
People forget that tech forums and YouTube channels represent a very small portion of the actual tech buying market, and are the literal definition of echo chambers.
When one person notices a problem, everyone else starts looking for it, therefore it seems way bigger of an issue than people would think otherwise.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
You need a clearer definition of “a lot”. Like, make it quantifiable. Because for Apple to say “a lot of real users”, the number gonna be in the range of couple hundred millions.

If iPhone 15 pro max overheat problem reaches that level, what Apple can only do would be to recall all devices, plus a colossal damage to Apple as a brand, not to mention stock price tanking.

Last edited by a moderator:

klasma

macrumors 604
Jun 8, 2017
I would prefer a water-cooling solution for reduced noise, and maybe we could get some overclocking options in Settings.

NEPOBABY

Suspended
Jan 10, 2023

Paul1980

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2020
United Kingdom
This person just trolls this forum with the most useless crap about how terrible the 15 pro is. Never owned one but just loves to watch and read clickbait nonsense and then post how terrible it is exaggerating every little thing they’ve seen.

Its starting to feel like you’re trying to convince yourself you’re not missing out on a great phone because I only seem to be hearing this crap from people who don’t own it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.