Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faksnima

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
My natural titanium pro max has some surface scratches out of the box on the frame. Does anyone know if this can be polished out? I’d hate to wait for a replacement in this flurry. I noticed it as I was putting on a case.

RRC

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2020
I personally wouldn’t try to polish anything out, did you get it delivered or collected from store?

Reactions: faksnima

faksnima

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
I picked it up. The problem is I’m not sure there is any inventory anywhere.

powerbook911

macrumors 601
Mar 15, 2005
My natural titanium pro max has some surface scratches out of the box on the frame. Does anyone know if this can be polished out? I’d hate to wait for a replacement in this flurry. I noticed it as I was putting on a case.
No I don’t believe you can. Folks thought that one had a coating too.

Also, there are some brush metal lines in the surface of these. Were you sure yours were scratches?

faksnima

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
No I don’t believe you can. Folks thought that one had a coating too.

Also, there are some brush metal lines in the surface of these. Were you sure yours were scratches?
Yes. They are lighter and look like something grazed them. It’s not the brushed look unfortunately.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
I think that’s what I’m going to do. The problem is when replacements will be available. If it’s outside my 14-day window it might be a problem.

They may keep replacements on hand for exchanges. Doesn't hurt to ask before you start hunting for one.
Replacements are available literally on launch day, at least in the US. My iPhone 13 Pro had a DOA face sensor out of the box and the local Apple Store gave me a replacement . Note - it was not 'new'. I mean it was new, but it wasn't in retail packaging. If you really want a 'new' one (but any iPhone 15 can only be new right now) then you'll have to do a return/replace. Which could take a while.

faksnima

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
Replacements are available literally on launch day, at least in the US. My iPhone 13 Pro had a DOA face sensor out of the box and the local Apple Store gave me a replacement . Note - it was not 'new'. I mean it was new, but it wasn't in retail packaging. If you really want a 'new' one (but any iPhone 15 can only be new right now) then you'll have to do a return/replace. Which could take a while.
Thanks. I will look into this. So I can walk in and get it exchanged without having my retail packaging on me?

Hertz77

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2015
Can you share a photo of the scratches?

Reactions: sack_peak

faksnima

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016

Attachments

• IMG_3831.jpeg
    IMG_3831.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 400
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Doodlegal

BeatCrazy

macrumors 603
Jul 20, 2011
Thanks. I will look into this. So I can walk in and get it exchanged without having my retail packaging on me?
Correct. But you'd be doing a 'warranty exchange'. Not a 'return and rebuy (new)'. Even though both types of replacements would be new. With a warranty exchange, you're not getting new packaging.

Reactions: Legendts
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.