15" Pro users: Sell 2.93?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zorahk, Jun 8, 2009.

1. zorahk macrumors 6502

I'm at a dilemma and I'm wondering what other people are/would doing/do.
    I have a 2.93GHz 15" MBP. Should I sell the computer and take a hit to get a 3.06, or should I be happy that I have express card.
    I want the new battery and screen though...
    If I sold it on eBay or this forum, what kinda price should I be going for? I can get the 3.06 for 2400, so I don't want to loose too much. I bought this for 2800. I was thinking that 2200 would be a fair asking price?

2. Ploki macrumors 68000

do you need it?
    are you happy with your mpb?

if your answer is NO and YES respectively, than in my opinion its not worth the hassle... :)

3. Sn0wball macrumors regular

Ignore the CPU speed difference, they'll be insignificant in use.

Any hit you'll be taking will effectively be how bad you want the new screen and battery.

4. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

If you weren't happy with your MacBook Pro already, you wouldn't be asking for input from other members. With that said, the differences in clock speed won't affect day to day computing that much...sure... you render things a bit faster.. but most users won't notice. About the battery and the screen.. I think the MacBook pro already has an amazing screen. Also, the built in battery WILL NOT get the advertised 7 hours in real life applications. It would also be a hassle if you ever wanted to switch hard drives..

My opinion: Stick with your current MacBook Pro. Save your money and upgrade in a few years.