15% restocking fee

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by guthy-lux, Dec 1, 2008.

1. guthy-lux macrumors member

where is restocking fee prohibited by law? Not in CA?

I was checking stores to buy a mac book where I can return without restocking fee in Southern California but haven't found yet. Best Buy and Circuit City say 15% restocking fee except where prohibited by law. Fry's doesn't even accept return. Walmart and Costco doesn't carry mac book.

If there's no retail store, is there any online store selling w/o restocking fee? Or Apple is forcing all stores to charge?

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Why does it matter? If there is a defect, they will replace it for free. All electronic products have a restocking fee, or at least a vast majority.

3. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Your going to have to deal with a restocking fee. If it is defective you need now worry about it. Just make sure you want it before you buy then there is nothing to worry about.

I think most stores in areas that do not allow restocking fees will simply not let you return it.

4. guthy-lux thread starter macrumors member

Well, the problem is store exchange is only within 14days. If you find a defect after that, the product should be sent to repair center and it'd take at least a week? It's kind of hard to be unable to use PC at all.

5. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I think most people found their problems way before the 14 day exchanged.

6. descartes macrumors 6502