15 Retina Low Battery Dialogue Box and flexing.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by January 5, Feb 2, 2013.

1. January 5, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013

January 5 macrumors newbie

Is there a Low Battery Warning Dialogue Box on the new (2013) 15" Retina and how would you go about 'restoring' that box?
    Flexing on the 15 inch case? They do seem to crackle and pop. Expect it's the aluminum and not the contents.

2. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

Assuming the battery level indicator does not appear on the menu bar, go to preferences and click the Energy Saver icon. A dialogue box will appear. Click battery, there you can click show battery level bar on menu. I think this is what you want.

3. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

I'm monitoring my MBP right now. I'm at 4%, the battery indicator is now red, but no pop-up notification has opened yet (like a Notification Alert, or Badge or Banner like you would see on an iOS device).

Turning off the battery icon to see if any alerts or badges come up doesn't work either.

It seems there are no default low battery notification alerts in ML, that seems odd. Can anyone else confirm this? I tried Googling the topic but am coming up empty.

4. IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

There is an alert that should pop up. On my machine there is an alert at 2% and there is one before 2%.

5. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

OK, thank you! I've since plugged it back in but I'll try getting it down lower and see what happens. This is an OSX notification, and not some third party app right?

6. maxosx macrumors 68020

The structural integrity of Apples aluminum unibody design is exemplary.

The only time mine ever displays any sign of flexing is when I run over it with my car. A practice I try to avoid :)

7. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Boom! I'm not sure how one would go restoring it though. At 3% I had approximately 15 min left of run time per the battery meter.

Attached Files:

8. January 5 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone,that's the notification what there should be and that's what there isn't. It is an OSX notification and there is no way that I can see in Preferences/Energy, to restore it.
    It's not serious and probably just needs a genius to sort it out because I am sure that swerve147's picture is what one should see somewhere south of 10%.