15" Retina Macbook Pro - Early & Late Model

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tonykieu, Feb 23, 2014.

1. tonykieu macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have just stumbled upon a great deal for a late model macbook pro.

The sellers assure me that it is the late year model but the thing that puzzles me is that they said that the hard drive is a ~750gb ssd which are not an option in the apple stores.

I haven't followed the models lately so I can't tell for sure if they are telling me the truth.

The specs are as follow:
    2.6ghz
    16gb ram
    ~750gb ssd
    intel iris pro graphic

Let me know if anyone has this particular model.

2. Wuiffi macrumors 6502a

Wuiffi

there is no 750gb ssd on the late 2013 models. either 512gb or 1tb

i guess the iris pro statement is wrong and it's a 2012 model

3. kalex macrumors 65816

its very easy to tell. ask the seller to look at about screen and it will tell u what model it is

4. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

And send a screenshot not tell you.

5. thundersteele macrumors 68030

only the late 2013 models have iris pro graphics. But as you already noticed these are not offered with ~750 GB storage.

might just be a mistake by the seller, but be careful.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

7. Tenshou macrumors newbie

I encountered this same deal in Atlanta last week for 900 bucks. Be careful about this deal. This person is using a text.me number, an anonymous number. The person also sounds extremely suspicious. I accepted to meet at a local public place. A few minutes before arriving, I got a phone call saying that his car wasn't working and he wanted me to meet him at his house. I pulled into a shady neighborhood and 2 kids came out, not from the front door but by the side of the fence. He asked me to show him the cash, which is shady as hell.

They didn't have any laptop with them, however, they most likely have weapons. This is no doubt an attempted robbery. I drove out of there and called the cops.

Be careful with these deals and if they want to meet, ask them to meet at the police station for you security.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As others have stated, ask for some physical evidence in the form of screen shots and details. Perhaps a serial number.

I think this may not pass the sniff test - the saying if its too good to be true, it generally is, seems to fit here.

9. Dovahkiing macrumors regular

I know University affiliated computer dealers (possibly any authorized re-seller, though I'm not sure) can sometimes place bulk orders for non-standard machine configurations. So it's not impossible that the seller is accurate. As others said, definitely ask them to send you a screenshot of the system profile page and the serial number.