15" Retina Macbook Pro will not charge.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by roharia, Dec 13, 2012.

1. roharia macrumors newbie

So I've had a few problems with mine, but this is the one where I am now forced to take it into the store. I am lucky I got the Apple Care protection plan with my Retina MBP. I have tried two different magsafe 2 chargers and in 3 different locations. It will not charge. I have done a PRAM and SMC reset, I have tried in Bootcamp (Windows 8) and Mac OS 10.8 latest update. Along with this problem I often get graphical artifacts in OSX and weird screen flickering. I called Apple and troubleshot with the nice lady on the phone. She gave me a case number and asked me to take the computer and charger into the Apple store and present the case ID. I am going tomorrow, what can I expect?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can expect them to determine the cause of your problems and fix it.

PRAM/NVRAM has nothing to do with battery/power/charging issues. Resetting it will not help.

3. roharia thread starter macrumors newbie

Will they just up and fix it in the store? The problem here is that I'm a college student and my ride to the mall (where the Apple story is) is a University shuttle that only goes from 4pm to 7pm on Friday. So how would that work? My problem is not just the battery thing although that is my primary concern. I also have had some graphical issues with flickering, artifacts and general mishaps that concern me.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, they'll fix it in the store. Depending on the problem, they may need to keep your MBP overnight, or they might be able to fix it while you wait.

5. roharia thread starter macrumors newbie

Would they charge me anything? I have Apple Care.
    http://cl.ly/image/3S1t3y1W2o44

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If they determine it's a manufacturing defect, they won't charge you. If they find a problem is due to damage or other actions that could void your coverage, they could charge you.

7. roharia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for the information